Last night, at around 5:30 p.m. all the teens (like 150) that were fasted came to our church so we could finish the fast together. We played games, learned about who/what our money was going to and our pastor talked about being selfless, which i realized that I need to work harder at. We got about 5 hours of sleep and then got up and did it all over again! After a while, you don't feel the need to really eat... you just have to get though the 11th and 12th hour and then your just kinda numb. We ended it at 1:00 p.m. with a huge meal, I ate really slow and not a lot because you can get really sick (it has happened to me before... :( We made about $21,009 help a village in Africa, we all felt really accomplished and the fasting was totally worth it!
Saturday, February 23, 2008
30 hour famine
Last night, at around 5:30 p.m. all the teens (like 150) that were fasted came to our church so we could finish the fast together. We played games, learned about who/what our money was going to and our pastor talked about being selfless, which i realized that I need to work harder at. We got about 5 hours of sleep and then got up and did it all over again! After a while, you don't feel the need to really eat... you just have to get though the 11th and 12th hour and then your just kinda numb. We ended it at 1:00 p.m. with a huge meal, I ate really slow and not a lot because you can get really sick (it has happened to me before... :( We made about $21,009 help a village in Africa, we all felt really accomplished and the fasting was totally worth it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
That is so awesome! I don't think I could ever get myself to do this; I love food way too much, and I have too little self control to stop myself from eating it. It's so cool that you did this for people you've never even met :)
Post a Comment